Team: Huntress EDR
Product: ConnectWise Manage
Environment: Huntress Dashboard
Summary: The Huntress Dashboard can be synced to ConnectWise Manage for billing after setting up the ConnectWise Manage Integration.
Prerequisite: Please see Reporting Incidents to ConnectWise Manage on setting up the ConnectWise Manage Integrations and permissions. You will also need to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to get this no-cost feature turned on.
The ConnectWise Manage Billing integration syncs the Product (Set in step 4 below) listed on your clients' Service Agreements. Huntress does not add the Product to the Agreement if it's not already there.
The sync is performed immediately after your monthly invoice is created. Pushing the "test billing sync" will sync the values of your last Huntress invoice to your ConnectWise agreements. Changes made during a billing cycle will sync on the upcoming invoice.
ConnectWise Billing Sync is not available for MDR for Microsoft 365. User license billing for this product will not sync to ConnectWise Manage.
Please make sure that your organizations are mapped correctly and that the mapping is kept up to date. If they are not mapped, ConnectWise Manage may not have an accurate view of the Huntress agents and the billing numbers may be off as a result.
If you are looking to update your existing mappings, log into your Huntress Dashboard, click "Integrations" under the hamburger menu and click the "pencil" icon next to your existing integration to update them.
Set up (after you have created your CW Integration)
- Log into your Huntress Dashboard
- Click the "hamburger (☰)" menu in the top-right, then click integrations.
- Click the "pencil ✏️" icon next to your ConnectWise Manage Integration
- Click the Billing tab and then flip "Sync With ConnectWise Agreements" to "Yes" and select the ConnectWise Product you would like to map. Click Save.
The addition count gets updated on the same day that your Huntress invoice is generated for the month. Huntress does not add the Product/Addition to the Agreement if it's not already present on the ConnectWise side.
- You must choose 1 product to map to 'Additions' in Agreements across all customers
- You can't have the same Huntress product across multiple agreements for the same company, in other words only 1 agreement per customer
- The addition count gets updated on the same day your Huntress invoice is generated for the month--this is not currently customizable.
- All mapped companies must be active currently (no future dates, billing must be active now)
Additional permissions required for the billing sync:
If you set up your Huntress<>ConnectWise Manage Integration prior to July 2021, you may need to update your Manage permissions before Huntress can perform a billing sync.
Please see Reporting Incidents to ConnectWise Manage Section 2 Step 7 for a list of all required permissions
If your agreements page differs because of customizations (such as sub-agreements) you'll need to experiment with granting granular permissions to any units that appear in your PSA but don't appear in our screenshots below. Highly recommend experimenting with granting All Agreements (edit) level before attempting granular permissions.
- AgreementsIf you want to get more granular than ALL agreements, you can click "customize" and limit the permissions to just the one Agreement you will use
Finance Add Level Edit Level Delete Inquire Level Agreements (customize) None All None All
Procurement Add Level Edit Level Delete Inquire Level Product Catalog None None None All