Installing the Huntress Agent process is easy. We're talking flip-phone-using-Grandma-can-install-it easy. Find out if you have one of the Supported Operating Systems and then follow the simple steps.
In this article
1Downloading the Huntress Agent installer (HuntressInstaller.exe)
2Running the installer (with Account Key, Organization Key, and Tags)
3Silent Install (install from command-line)
For our partners using RMM/deployment software, we've automated these processes for you through deployment scripts:
- Continuum RMM 2.1+
- ConnectWise Automate (LabTech)
- Datto RMM (AEM, Autotask Endpoint Management) via ComStore
- Kaseya VSA
- Microsoft Intune (Scripts, preferred method)
- Microsoft Intune (Win32 app, alternate method)
- Naverisk RMM
- SolarWinds MSP N-Central (N-able)
- SolarWinds MSP RMM
- Syncro RMM
- ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect)
- PowerShell (via Active Directory GPO)
- PowerShell (via Active Directory GPO and Immediate Task)
- PowerShell (Generic / Universal Installer instructions)
- Single Command Line
For other solutions or customized installation processes, we've provided several convenient methods to help you as well:
- Click through the Huntress Web Interface
- Fetch from a Huntress URL
NOTE: We've designed the installer to automatically detect your host's architecture (32 or 64-bit) and install the appropriate agent for you. One less thing for you to worry about ;)
Download the Agent Installer from the Web Interface
- Login to the Huntress Dashboard
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and select the "Download Agent" option from the menu
- On the Installer page, you can retrieve your Account Secret Key and the Huntress Agent installer.
NOTE: Fetching the installer from a URL is convenient for automated processes and scripts. (Replace <acct_key> with your actual Account Key and browse to the URL.)
Manual Installation from the GUI
- To manually install Huntress, simply double click on the HuntressInstaller.exe file and follow the GUI-driven prompts.
- Enter your Account Key.
NOTE: The installer expects an account key that is 32 characters long. If you see "Please enter a valid Account Key" it is often because a copy/paste has introduced a space at the end or missed a character.
- For the Organization Key, specify a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization.
- You can optionally specify Tags to group your agents within an organization.
- Click the "Install" button to finish your manual installation.
Silent Installation from a Script or Command Line
Silent installation is suitable for deployments using an RMM or configuration management solution where end-users will not be interrupted with pop-ups. The installer supports the following flags:
- /ACCT_KEY - specify the Account Key (required)
- /ORG_KEY - specify the Organization Key (required)
- /S - perform a silent installation (required) MUST BE UPPERCASE
- /TAGS - specify any Tags (optional)
HuntressInstaller.exe /ACCT_KEY="acct_key" /ORG_KEY="Wibble Bank" /TAGS="Servers,Critical" /S
For directions on single-line command to install the Huntress Agent (without downloading the file), please see the guide here: Single Command Installation
Deploy via GPO/PowerShell Script
Huntress Labs has a GitHub repository with useful scripts. Below is a direct link to instructions on deploying the PowerShell scripts via GPO.
Supported Operating Systems / System Requirements
Important: Any machine that is joined to an Active Directory Domain that is unable to communicate to a domain controller will be unable to set local policies. This includes features like Host Isolation and Managed AV policies. You can test DC connectivity with the PoSh command