Team: Huntress EDR
Product: Kaseya BMS
Environment: Huntress Dashboard
Summary: Huntress can report incidents and step-by-step remediation instructions directly to your Kaseya BMS ticket queue.
New Feature: You can now manually map Huntress Organizations to Kaseya companies. See the new steps in Section 3 step 6 below.
Huntress can report incidents and remediation recommendations directly to your Kaseya BMS ticket queue. This is a three-step process that involves:
- Create an API access security role (only required if you haven't already)
- Create a Kaseya BMS API Access User for Huntress
- Configure the Kaseya BMS integration within the Huntress portal.
Create an API access security role
- Skip to "Create a Kaseya BMS API User" if you've already set up an appropriate security role for a previous integration.
Login to your Kaseya BMS with an admin account, select the Admin tab at the top, then Security, and then Roles menu.
- Click the "New (N)" Button, fill out the appropriate details, and click "Save (S)":
- Under the "Admin" section, check off "Has API Access", and click the "Save (S)" button at the top.
Create a Kaseya BMS API User
- Login to your Kaseya BMS within an admin account. Click the HR and then Employees menu on the left:
- Click the "New (N)" Button. Fill out the appropriate details. Click the "Save (S)" button.
INFO: The password for this account will be e-mailed to the Email Address you specify below.
Note: The only fields of importance are "User Name", "Email Address" and "Security Roles". Ensure the security role you created in the previous section is selected for this user. The email will need to be a valid address in order to receive the password. We recommend using an existing alias or creating an alias of huntress@<yourdomain>.com that goes to your incoming support box. Once you have the password set, the email is not needed--other than to reset the password again.
There's a new field called User Type that requires the value API Employee. If it's not set to API Employee it will count against their BMS licenses.
Configure the Kaseya BMS integration in the Huntress portal
- Login to the Huntress portal with an "Admin" level account.
- In the upper right hand corner, select the triple line context menu, and select IntegrationsSelect the "+Add" button in the upper right corner of the integrations menu.
- Select the "Add" button to create a new integration.
- Choose the "BMS by Kaseya" integration
- Choose your BMS region server and then enter the username and password of the API user created earlier. Finally type in the "company name" as required by Kaseya BMS and click Add.
- If the username and password are correct, you will be presented with the configuration screen. Choose appropriate values for your environment and click Add when complete. If there is not a direct match, you will be left with a dropdown stating "Select a company" for you to manually match the Huntress Organization to the Kaseya Company. Click Save.
If you are looking to update your existing mappings, simply log into your Huntress Dashboard, click "Integrations" under the hamburger menu and click the "pencil" icon next to your existing integration to update it.
If Huntress is unable to match to an organization we will place the incident under a Default Company you set here.