Supported Agent Versions & Operating Systems
Host Isolation is supported on Huntress Agent Version 0.12.30 and higher. If a host is running an older agent version it will not eligible for manual or automated host isolation.
Devices running Windows Home Edition are currently not supported for host isolation.
Configurations to Watch Out For
The following network/host configurations could cause host isolation to fail:
- Computers that require VPN connectivity for internet access (always-on VPNs).
- Computers that have their Windows firewall disabled by domain-level GPO
- Computers that must connect out through a proxy server
- In general, Huntress does not work with proxies. See more info here!
- If a network's Domain Controller (DC) is already isolated and there is no backup DC, then the other hosts in that network will not be isolatable by Huntress.
- If a network's DC is also the DNS resolver for that network and the DC is isolated, Huntress will not be able to communicate with any of the hosts within that network.
Note: If the host only has local group policy firewall settings (not global) set, they will be wiped when releasing the host from isolation.