Supported Agent Versions & Operating Systems
Host Isolation is supported on Huntress Agent Version 0.13.4 and higher. If a host is running an older agent version it not eligible for Self Managed or Huntress Managed host isolation.
Configurations to Watch Out For
The following network/host configurations could cause host isolation to fail:
- Huntress does not recommend isolating a host with multiple host isolation solutions at the same time. Unforeseen connectivity issues may arise. (i.e isolating with Sentinel One AND Huntress)
- Computers that require VPN connectivity for internet access (always-on VPNs).
- Computers that must connect out through a proxy server. In general Huntress does not work with proxies. See more info here!
- If a network's DC is also the DNS resolver for that network and the DC is isolated; Huntress will not be able to communicate with any of the hosts within that network.
- If a network's Domain Controller (DC) is isolated and there is no backup DC, then the other hosts in that network will not be isolatable by Huntress.
Note: If the host has non-default local group policy firewall settings (not global) set, they will be wiped when releasing the host from isolation.