Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment procedure for Kaseya VSA that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots.
The procedure will automatically use Kaseya's GroupName (vAgentConfiguration.groupName) to organize the agents within Huntress--the groupName will be used for the Huntress organization name. Since Kaseya's groupName includes the organization (e.g., group.organization) you may end up with Huntress organization names like west.company and east.company. If you need to, you can change the organization display name and the script will continue to use the same key.
The configuration requires two simple steps:
Download and Import the Huntress Deployment Procedure
OPTIONAL: In its original form, the deployment script will split Sub-MachineGroups into separate Huntress Organizations. Some minor modifications can make the script slightly easier to deal with if you want all clients in a Kaseya organization in the same organization in Huntress.
Change the OrgKey for Huntress to the results of an
executePowershell procedure step that saves to
#global:psresult#. Execute the powershell:
note: that's all one line
- Download the Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure from our GitHub repository and save it as an XML file.
- To import the Procedure into Kaseya, navigate to Agent Procedures > Manage Procedures > Schedule / Create. Select the folder you want to import the procedure to and then click the "Import Folder/Procedure" button.
- In the "Import Procedure/Folder" window, browse to the XML Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure you just saved and then click the "Save" button.
- You should now see the Huntress Agent Deployment procedure.
Create a Variable to Store Your Huntress Account Key
- Obtain your Huntress Account Key. You'll need to create a new variable to store your Huntress Account Key within Kaseya VSA.
- Click the "Manage Variables" button.
- In the new window, create a new variable named HUNTRESS_ACCT_KEY and set the variable value to your Huntress Account Key. Be sure to select the Org/Machine Group the variable applies to and then click the "Apply" button.
You're Ready to Deploy!
Congratulations, your Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure is ready to use. Schedule it to run and watch your agents show up within the Huntress Dashboard!
Note: Depending on VSA configuration, you may need to approve the script before running it.
- Kaseya VSA has detailed agent logs to troubleshoot deployment. If your deployment doesn't appear to be working properly, please consult these logs and have them available for Huntress support to assist with troubleshooting. First, click on the "Agent" menu item and then "Agent Logs"
- Select the agent you wish to review the logs for
- In the tabs at the top select "Agent Admins Logs" and "Procedure History."
- Review the log for clues to why the deployment didn't go as expected. Provide these logs to Huntress support if requested.