Team: Huntress SAT
Summary: Managing SAT learners through Okta
Step 1: Create an Okta API Token
First, you will need to go to your Okta account to create a valid API token. You will enter this token, along with your organization’s Okta Domain, into the Curricula (SAT) app in Step 2.
To create a valid Okta API token:
- Sign into your Okta account and navigate to Security-API.
- Click "Create Token" and give it a SAT-related name, for example, "SAT Integration".
- You will then be presented with a unique API token value. Copy this and store it temporarily.
Step 2: Configure Your Okta Account in Security awareness training
Next, you will need to enter your organization’s Okta domain and API token into your SAT group’s settings and test the connection.
Follow the steps below to configure your Okta account in the SAT app:
- Sign into your SAT admin account and navigate to Settings -- Learners -- Groups -- [Group Name] -- Management. Select "Okta" as the management type from the Learner Management drop-down and click "Update".
- Navigate to the “Okta Configuration” section and enter your Okta domain into the "Domain" field. Your domain is the name you use to sign into your Okta account. For example, "your-company.okta.com".
- Paste your Okta API token you stored temporarily into this "Token" field and click "Update".
- Click "Test Connection" to confirm everything is working.
Okta Group Sync (Optional)
If you rather sync only a portion of the users from your Okta account with your SAT group, you can do so by using the Okta “Groups” feature. Create this designated group in your Okta account, then enter that group’s ID into SAT “Okta Configuration” section discussed in Step 2.
To add an Okta group to your SAT configuration:
- Sign into your Okta account and navigate to Directory-Groups.
- Click "Add Group" and give it a name/description. For example, "Security Training".
- Click on the newly created group's name then click "Manage People" — from here you can add any users you want to the group.
- Next copy the Okta group ID. You can find this ID by clicking on your browser's URL field and looking for the last portion of the address while on the group editor page. For example, "https://your-company.okta.com/admin/group/[your-group-id]".
- Lastly, sign into your SAT admin account, go to the “Okta Configuration” section of your group’s management settings, and paste the IP into the "Okta Group ID" field. Now only users who are inside this Okta group will be synced with SAT.