What is Managed AV?
Huntress’ Managed Antivirus offers a centralized, multi-tenant dashboard to monitor and manage Microsoft Defender AV on all protected endpoints. See detections and events, monitor scans and protections, set exclusions, and execute remediation actions -- all from the Huntress console. In addition, the Huntress ThreatOps team provides an added level of expertise to help analyze a variety of alerts and recommend action items when remediations cannot be performed by Defender AV alone.
- More info from Huntress Blog: Managed Antivirus
Where to start
- When initializing set-up, start by enforcing Managed Antivirus on a single organization
- One by one, move across additional organizations as needed, up to account level
How to start
- In order for Huntress to manage Microsoft Defender Antivirus, any third-party applications/programs need to be uninstalled. Troubleshooting Guide
- Huntress Recommended Defaults
- Review configuration policy settings.
- Understanding details on Audit and Enforce Policy Modes