Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress and Syncro RMM. Our joint development effort will silently install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without reboots. This is a two-step process that involves:
Create the Huntress Deployment Script
- Login to your Syncro Dashboard.
- Within the "More" menu, select the "App Center" option.
- Select the Huntress app card.
- Copy your Huntress Account Key into the "Huntress Account Key" field and click the "Update Deployment Script" button.
(uncheck "Set up Syncro Integration in your Huntress Account. This will send Huntress your Syncro API key and give them API Access to your Syncro account" if you do not want PSA integration).
Please Note: The script uses the "Business Name" from Syncro as the Organization key in order to create Organizations or add agents to the appropriate existing Organization with Huntress
Schedule the Script to Run on Assets
Syncro provides you the ability to silently run the Huntress Deployment Script on a single Asset or in bulk. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Within the top navigation bar, select the "Assets & RMM" link.
- Check all assets (computers, laptops, servers, and virtual machines) that you'd like to receive the Huntress Agent.
- Select the "Manage" button and choose the "Run Script..." menu option.
- Within the Run Script pop-up, select the script "Huntress Deployment - PowerShell" and click the "Run " button.
- Congratulations, you've successfully created your Huntress Deployment Script and scheduled the silent installation of Huntress Agents!
Upgrading the Syncro Huntress Deployment Script
Unfortunately, Syncro RMM does not automatically update the Huntress Deployment Scripts. Therefore partners will need to periodically delete the Huntress Deployment script from their Syncro repository and then add it back (installing the Huntress Deploy app installs the latest script version).
Note: If you have cloned the Huntress script, you will need to delete the original script and its clones first before adding the new script.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your Syncro Huntress Deployment Script to the latest version.
- Log into Syncro, click the dropdown for More and then choose Scripts.
- Find the Huntress Deployment script in the list, click the ellipsis (...) next to the script, push delete, and confirm the browser pop-up to delete
- Then follow the steps above for Creating the Huntress Agent Deployment Script to reinstall the Huntress Deployment Script
- You can always verify the date of the script by clicking on the Huntress Deployment Script from the Scripts menu (from step 2.) and looking for
Failed to Download
"Failed to download the Huntress Installer... Unable to connect to the remote server"
- Check for network connectivity
- Check Firewall rules and Antivirus
- Sometimes the script just needs to run a second time
- If all else fails, install manually
Missing Business Name
Occasionally we get reports of the install failing. This is often due to a missing "Business Name" which is what the deployment script uses as the Huntress organization key.
Need something else?
The Syncro Huntress Install Script is written in PowerShell. You can view the source here.
If you need any assistance from Huntress, or if you notice a step that's missing, please contact us at email@example.com.