Naverisk's RMM system provides the ability to automate deployment of software through Script Packs. This document provides instructions to add the deployment Script Pack to your Naverisk deployment. You will need to create your own schedule or deployment process on a per organization basis.
NOTE: It's best to import this into the main script pack library for your entire Naverisk deployment and copy that into organizations if you want to customize on a per organization basis. This document follows this recommendation when important and will require you to specify the "Organization Key" when deploying on a per organization basis.
This guide is meant to provide a basic overview of deploying the Huntress Agent using Naverisk. We are not able to offer comprehensive support for Naverisk, please refer to the Naverisk documentation for full details regarding usage of Naverisk policies and scheduled actions.
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment script for Naverisk RMM that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots needed. This is a two step process that involves:
Download & Import Huntress Deployment Script Pack
- Download the Naverisk Huntress Script Pack from our GitHub repository.
- Login to your Naverisk dashboard, select settings from the menu bar on the left, and "Script Packs" from the icons on the right.
- Click the "Upload Script Packs" button.
- A Windows Explorer dialog should pop up. Navigate to where you saved the "Huntress Labs - Install Huntress Agent.nsp" file from Step 1 and click the "Open" button in the bottom right.
- Click the green edit button next to the newly imported script pack.
- Ensure the .bat is selected as Primary and then paste your Huntress secret Account Key into the parameters field at the bottom. Be sure to surround the key with quotes and add a trailing space at the end (this makes things easier later.) Click the Save button when done.
- The script pack is now available globally within Naverisk RMM. Proceed to deploying the agent below.
Deploy the Huntress Agent in Naverisk RMM
- Select the Devices icon in the left hand menu bar, filter to the specific devices you want to deploy to (in our example we're only deploying to one test device), check off the systems you want to deploy to, and chose "Run Script Packs" from the pull down menu in the upper right of the Devices list.
- Select the "Huntress Labs - Install Huntress Agent" script pack from the list. (This example only shows on script in the list, but your deployment will likely have a much longer list.)
- Your account secret key should've already populated in the "Script Pack Command Parameters" field. Click in this field and type the name of the organization surrounded by quotes. Make sure there is a space between the account key and the organization name. Ensure Run As has "System User" selected.
- Once you click "Run" in the above box the script will begin deployment. No further action is required on your part to complete deployment, but the remaining steps can assist with troubleshooting if necessary. You will see a status for all of of the agents selected, which will begin in the "Sending..." state.
- Once completed for this agent it should report, "Finished, click here for result." Click on this link to see the output from the deployment script on this agent.
- The script output can confirm successful installation along with the Organization Key in which it was deployed to. It can also contain valuable troubleshooting information our support staff can use to assist you if necessary.