Setup guide: SAML SSO Setup
Added support at the Account level for Single Sign-On (SSO) with most SAML 2.0 providers, including Google Apps, Okta, Duo, and Microsoft 365/Azure AD. This is helpful to streamline user experience to reduce the number of accounts/passwords that need to be tracked and monitored by the partner; it may also potentially improve security by allowing users to consolidate accounts to a smaller set of strong MFA-enabled accounts rather than a myriad of weak passwords across all supported apps.
ConnectWise billing integration (Beta)
Setup guide: ConnectWise Manage Billing Sync (Beta)
Enabled Partners to configure their ConnectWise integration so that they could have their invoiced agents quantities synced to ConnectWise from the Portal. This allows partners using the ConnectWise interface to more easily know what to bill their customers without having to manually update billing quantities based on their Huntress monthly invoices. This billing integration is currently available to customers who reach out as a beta and will be rolled out to all customers in the future. For more information, please see our support page: ConnectWise Manage Billing Sync (Beta)
Datto Autotask PSA and Kaseya BMS
Enhanced Datto Autotask PSA and Kaseya BMS integrations in order to support both default and explicit mappings between a Huntress Organization and a PSA company.
Huntress noticed that some partners save a deployed Huntress agent as a VM-baseline, and then clone the VM as needed. In these situations, only a single agent is shown under the Organization in the Portal versus an agent for each system. For Huntress agent 0.12.12 or higher, Huntress will now perform backend de-duplication of agents so that even when baseline systems are cloned, they will show up as separate hosts in the Portal.
We added an informational modal for Resellers that explains monthly vs annual billing options.
To make it easier for Resellers to understand why we need a Credit card for monthly billing, and how they will be invoiced for annual billing, the team added an informational (i) icon on the revamped Subscription modal and the billing settings page. The modal displays information about billing and links to this new support page.
Huntress now allows Resellers to enter a purchase order (PO) number per annual subscription/contract
To make billing and payments easier for customers, specifically, customers who want to pay via "push" ACH, we needed a way for them to add a PO number during checkout. The PO number entered then populates onto all invoices Huntress’s payment processing provider generates. This aids the accounting departments of Resellers and reduces manual communications for Huntress’s Finance department.
Managed AV (Beta)
- Minor UI enhancements
- We made a few small adjustments to the Managed AV user interface, particularly in relation to an upcoming feature: Huntress Recommended Defaults
- Updated the Managed AV Detections table to improve the usability of the information showcased; this includes additional information columns, granular tael export, and an updated table layout.
2-Factor Authentication Usability Enhancements
- Enabled recovery 2FA 'life raft' functionality at the Organization-level.
- We added the ability for account administrators and reseller administrators (on accounts that are Huntress Managed) to initiate the recovery process for organization users who have lost their 2FA credentials.
- Enforced 2FA/MFA
- Allowed account administrators under account settings to opt-in to 2FA enforcement, enforcing 2FA for all of their users.
- Enforced 2FA/MFA
- 2FA vulnerability fixes
- Restricted 2FA setup wizard to users who actually need to set up 2FA.
- Previously the 2FA setup wizard was accessible to anyone at any time. This was allowed for testing but created the potential for 2FA to be bypassed after logging in. This was done by navigating to the backup code and verification pages.
- Stopped allowing users to disable 2FA when they belong to an account that enforces 2FA. Previously, if a user had belonged to 2 accounts, and one of the accounts didn’t enforce 2FA, they could disable their 2FA, even though the secondary account required it.
The Huntress Affiliate Program
Huntress now supports Affiliate, aka Referral, Partners. This new Partner type will be provided with a special purpose Reseller Dashboard, enabling AppSmart and their Sub Agents to refer Huntress to prospective customers. The program enables Affiliates to create accounts for prospective customers, start free trials, and receive commission payouts from Huntress when customers sign-up for service.
In the future, Huntress will be enabling features to accommodate additional channel personas, such as Security Consultants and Incident Response Partners.
Inquiries about the Huntress Affiliate Program? Reach out to Jeremy Young!