Huntress now has a HaloPSA integration! Our initial version handles ticketing, and we are investigating a billing integration as well.
Note: If you are using Mandatory ticket fields within HaloPSA outside of "Ticket Type," the Huntress integration will not be able to create tickets and will error. While we work on addressing this feature to allow for future use of other required fields, you may opt to remove the mandatory field option within HaloPSA or choose a different ticket type without mandatory fields to allow the integration to run correctly.
- Log into Huntress. Open the right-hand menu and navigate to the integrations page. From there, choose HaloPSA.
- From there, you’ll be presented with a few fields that you’ll have to enter in from Halo.
3. Head over to HaloPSA. Halo recommends creating an API-only Agent for this if you haven’t set one up already for this purpose.
- Feature Access
- Tickets Access Level: Read and Modify
- Customers Access Level: Read Only
- Ticket Permissions
- Can add new Tickets: Yes
- Can view Unassigned Tickets: Yes
- Can view Tickets that are assigned to other Agents: Yes
This API-only Agent should be assigned to a team or department so that they can see the tickets. If assigning to a department, the membership level needed is View All. If assigning to a team, it should be the same or similar team to what the technician agents use.
Navigate to HaloPSA’s API section. From there, grab the Resource Server hostname without the “https” at the start or the “/api” at the end. That will be your Server Host on the Huntress side.
Note: Please use the base version of your HaloPSA domain (e.g. yourcompany.halopsa.com) as entering in custom domains is not supported right now.
- Within HaloPSA, click “View Applications” and then click “New” to Add an Application.
From here, select Client ID and Secret, which you will then plug into the corresponding fields within Huntress.
- Read Tickets: Yes
- Edit Tickets: Yes
- Read Customers: Yes
Make sure to save on HaloPSA before submitting the form on Huntress’s side.
- Once this is successful, you’ll be able to map your Huntress organizations to your HaloPSA Clients on the subsequent screen. You’ll also be able to set your default Ticket Type.
- You’re set! You can always reach out if you have questions or further feedback.
Common Errors and Troubleshooting Steps:
Error: Integration is sitting at a spinning circle and not continuing further.
Fix: Check that all permissions are in place per this article. Also confirm that you are using the base version of your HaloPSA domain (e.g. yourcompany.halopsa.com). Once confirmed, fully delete and re-add the HaloPSA integration.
Error: "The server responded with status 400. Bad Request - XXXX is mandatory" when creating a test ticket.
Fix: The XXXX will change, but this error indicates that the selected Ticket Type has mandatory field(s). Please either choose a different Ticket Type or remove the mandatory fields. If this is not possible, then tickets cannot be generated.