Team: Huntress SAT
Summary: Managing SAT learners through Okta
Step 1: Okta Api integration
New Okta api integration set up:
- Log into Okta and navigate to Applications > API Service Integrations.
- Select "Add Integration"
- Search for then add Huntress Security Awareness Training
- Select "Install & Authorize"
- Copy your client secret. This will be used in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure Your Okta Account in Security Awareness Training
Next, you will need to enter your organization’s Okta domain and API token into your SAT group’s settings and test the connection.
Follow the steps below to configure your Okta account in the SAT app:
- Sign into your SAT admin account and navigate to Settings > Providers.
- Select "Add new provider".
- Select the Connect button under Okta.
- Connect a Group. You can choose to add this integration to an existing group, or select "Create new group to connect."
- Navigate to the Okta integration and scroll down to input the "Client Secret" that was copied in Step 1.
- Navigate back to Okta's Dashboard and copy the "Okta Domain" information to input into the "Okta Domain" field in the Security Awareness Training Dashboard.
- Navigate back to Okta's Dashboard and copy the "Client ID" information to input into the "Client ID" field in the Security Awareness Training Dashboard.
- At this time you can select the Preview & Sync button to view what would be synced, or you can just select Save & Test Connection to confirm and complete the integration.
Okta Group Sync (Optional)
If you rather sync only a portion of the users from your Okta account with your SAT group, you can do so by using the Okta “Groups” feature. Create this designated group in your Okta account, then enter that group’s ID into SAT “Okta Configuration” section discussed in Step 2.
To add an Okta group to your SAT configuration:
- Sign into your Okta account and navigate to Directory-Groups.
- Click "Add Group" and give it a name/description. For example, "Security Training".
- Click on the newly created group's name then click "Manage People" — from here you can add any users you want to the group.
- Next copy the Okta group ID. You can find this ID by clicking on your browser's URL field and looking for the last portion of the address while on the group editor page. For example, "https://your-company.okta.com/admin/group/[your-group-id]".
- Lastly, sign into your SAT admin account, go to the “Okta Configuration” section of your group’s management settings, and paste the IP into the "Okta Group ID" field. Now only users who are inside this Okta group will be synced with SAT.