Huntress Labs Incorporated
Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective and Last Updated March 8, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how Huntress Labs Incorporated, a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 6021 University Blvd, Ste 450, Ellicott City, Maryland 21043, and its affiliates, including, but not limited to, Huntress Labs Australia Pty Ltd and Huntress Labs Canada Inc. (collectively “Huntress” or “we”), collect, use, disclose, process and maintain Personal Information (“PI”) as required by applicable law and informs you of the categories of PI collected or used when you inquire or apply to a position with Huntress through our website via our candidate recruitment portal, or through other channels such as LinkedIn, email and recruitment agencies ("Submission Channels"). In this Privacy Notice, "Personal Information" or "PI" means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you. Huntress does not sell or share your PI. Huntress does not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the PI of minors under 16 years of age.
Any misleading, false or willful omission of relevant information may be sufficient reason for refusal of employment or suspension or dismissal from employment. Please submit only accurate information. If you do not want your PI processed as described in this Privacy Notice, please do not submit any information or apply for a job through any of the Submission Channels.
If you are ultimately employed by Huntress, your Personal Information will be handled in accordance with our Employee Privacy policies and any consents you have given.
1. Data Collection and Use
1.1 Why Does Huntress Collect Personal Information?
We collect and use your PI for the purpose of processing and evaluating your application for employment and for the purpose of completing the onboarding process, should you be offered and accept a position with Huntress Labs Incorporated or any of our affiliates. We will use your PI for a variety of reasons linked to the processing and evaluation of your application as set out below ("Purposes"):
- Administration-related purposes, such as processing your employment application, including your experience and other information that will aid in determining your suitability for the role for which you have applied and results from any assessment tool and/or coding session;
- Communication-related purposes, such as communicating with you regarding your employment application, interview status or other opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- Background check-related purposes, such as verifying your identification, work experience and other information you submit, as well as a criminal record check. Employment may be conditional upon the results of this check to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- Onboarding-related purposes, such as processing your information required to initiate employment, including setting up payroll, setting up withholdings and benefits, providing accommodations or as required to comply with statutory reporting and applicable law; and
- Regulatory-related purposes, such as complying with applicable laws and employment-related requirements (e.g., tax and, for Australian candidates, superannuation requirements) and administration of these requirements.
1.2 What Personal Information Does Huntress Collect?
We collect the following categories of PI, which you provide as part of your submission or otherwise make available:
- Identifiers, such as any information that identifies, relates to, describes or can be associated with you, including but not limited to, name, alias, postal address, email address, tax ID (e.g., Social Security number), driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers (Certain personal information in this category may be considered sensitive under applicable law);
- Personal information, such as name, signature, tax ID (e.g., Social Security number), address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state/provincial identification card number, bank account number, or medical information. (Certain personal information in this category may be considered sensitive under applicable law);
- Characteristics of protected classifications under applicable law, including race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military and veteran status, and whether you have a disability. (Certain personal information in this category may be considered sensitive under applicable law);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our websites to provide relevant information about job listings that may be of interest;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work experience, notes taken from your interview, contact details of your current/former employer, skills and qualifications, results from an assessment tool and/or coding session or as part of other forms of assessment, compensation history to the extent permitted by applicable law, board and advisory roles, and other experience;
- Education information, such as education experience, and information about your educational background; and
- Other information you submit, such as the information you provide in an application form, information you provide on our website or via a CV/resume or public profile you share with us. If your application progresses, we may also collect information obtained through reference checks, subject to any further permissions or notifications required by applicable law.
Resumes/CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (e.g., degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, etc.). Generally, we recommend that you do not disclose sensitive personal characteristics (e.g., gender, height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, age) in your resume/CV or any materials you submit in support of your application. Huntress does not collect or process sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you. However, subject to applicable law, we may request that you self-identify with certain characteristics, such as gender, race/ethnicity or veteran status. You may choose not to disclose such characteristics and choosing not to disclose will not subject you to any adverse treatment. If you do disclose, this information will be kept confidential and used for reporting and statistical purposes in compliance with applicable law. If you provide information about others (i.e., reference contact details), please first ensure you have informed them that you will be providing their information and that they do not object to you providing it to us.
1.3 With Whom Does Huntress Disclose My Personal Information?
We do not sell, share, trade or rent the PI you provide to us as part of the job application process without your consent. Any PI you provide to us is used for the processing purposes described in Section 1.1 above. In the course of processing your employment application or during the interview or onboarding process, your PI may be disclosed as follows:
- With Huntress affiliates, as necessary to make a hiring determination and to comply with applicable policies, procedures and laws in the geographic region where the affiliate is located;
- With regulators, authorities and other third parties, such as courts, external advisers, internal compliance and investigation teams, as necessary; and
- With service providers, as necessary to carry out background checks, instructions relating to IT hosting services or similar functions, or to aid in the operation of talent recruitment, workforce administration and other related activities.
2. Information Handling Practices
The chart below describes the purposes for collection and disclosure of your PI, the sources from which we collect the categories of PI about you listed above, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose your PI.
|Category of Personal Information||Business Purpose||PI Is Collected from the Following Sources||PI Is Disclosed to the Following Third Parties|
|Characteristics of protected classifications||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||
|Professional or employment-
* Disclosed as necessary or as required by law. For more information, please see Section 1.3 above.
3. Cookies and Similar Technology
4. How We Protect Your Personal Information
5. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your PI for as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or shared with us and for a reasonable period thereafter in order to comply with audit, contractual or legal requirements. We may retain aggregated or de-identified data indefinitely or to the extent allowed by applicable law.
6. Cross-Border Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the US and have employees in Australia and Canada. Therefore, in connection with our business and for employment, administrative, management and legal purposes, we may transfer, and process personal data about you outside of the country in which you are resident to other Huntress affiliates and our service provider recipients. These countries may not have equivalent privacy and data protection laws (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). Nevertheless, we will ensure that any such transfer is lawful and that there are appropriate security arrangements in place.
7. Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of
This Section 7 applies to California residents only.
Subject to the conditions and restrictions set out under the the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”), you may have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to know what personal information Huntress has collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom Huntress discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you;
- Right to Delete: You have the right to ask us to delete personal information that Huntress has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Correct: You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that Huntress maintains about you;
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Huntress for exercising your privacy rights.
Huntress responds to verifiable requests received from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights under CCPA, please email your request to email@example.com and provide us with your first name, last name and email address. If you do not provide the requested information, we may not be able to identify you and process your request. The information you provide will be used only to help verify and process your request.
If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a California consumer, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us the first name, last name and email address of the California consumer you are making the request for. If you do not provide the requested information, we may not be able to identify the California consumer and process the request. The information you provide will be used only to help verify and process the request. We reserve the right to request you demonstrate evidence of your authorization, either by providing us with a signed permission form or a copy of your power-of-attorney document granting you such authority.
8. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice and its last modified date at any time to reflect changes to our practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
9. Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Huntress Labs Incorporated
6021 University Blvd, Ste 450
Ellicott City, MD 21043