Team: Huntress SAT (Security Awareness Training)
Environment: SAT management portal
Summary: Additional information for Security Awareness Training
Sometimes a learner can't see an episode, a training, or can't access an assignment. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to potentially solve this.
Make sure the learner is logged into the correct account.
- Verify that the learner is using the correct email address, and that the email address they are using is enrolled in a Security Awareness assignment
- If you have open enrollment on, there is a chance they can log into the Security Awareness Training platform, but will have no content available
- If learners are added to assignments using automatic enrollment, it can take up to an hour for content to be assigned to a new learner
- If you are using an access code for verification, make sure they are using the correct, current code, with no added spaces or characters
Make sure the issue isn't local by having them do the following:
- Logout of the platform, clear the browser cache, then log back in. This will ensure the problem isn't due to their log in session
- Log out of SAT, close their browser, and attempt to log in using a different browser. This will allow us to rule out the browser and extensions
- Try to log in on another device, including mobile. This will will out anything on their local machine, including OS updates, internet issues (as long as the new device is on a different network), and other apps
Once all those steps are done make sure the issue isn't just their learner account:
- As an SAT admin, log into SAT, and add yourself to the assignment in question. Then log out as an admin, and log in as a learner. If you can see the content, then we know the issue is isolated to their account.
Check that the Assignment or Phishing Campaign is active
- Confirm that the phishing campaign or assignment is not in a draft state and is currently in progress.
- Phishing campaigns cannot be reactivated. New ones will need to be created if the one you are assigning the learner to has already completed.
- If an assignment is in the Past status, this means the originally set end date has been reached. You can reactivate the assignment by changing the end date to a date in the future. Setting it to "Never Ends" will not reactivate the assignment, so pick an actual end date in the future (ex: Dec 31, 2031). Once saved, you can then go back and set it to "Never Ends" if this is your preferred option.
- Cancelled assignments can be reactivated by choosing the "view" option next to the assignment, going to the "advanced" tab and choosing the option to "restore" the assignment.
If the learner still can't see the content, open a ticket with support
- Please include the learner's email address, the assignment they can't access, and the results of the above steps
- If possible, please include any screenshots of what the learner is seeing
- You can open a ticket and include all this info by emailing us