There are a few ways to install the Huntress agent for macOS. The Huntress macOS Agent is supported on macOS 11 Big Sur and above. See here for more information.
In this article
1Running the Huntress macOS GUI installer (HuntressAgent.pkg)
2Running the Huntress macOS Script Installer (install script from Terminal)
Running the Huntress macOS GUI installer
- Login to the Huntress Dashboard
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and select the "Download Agent" option from the menu
- On the Download Agent page, scroll down to the macOS Installer section and download the .pkg installer.
- Scroll back up to copy your Account Key to your clipboard.
- Run the GUI pkg installer in order to manually install the Huntress macOS agent by double clicking on the downloaded pkg. Click through prompts until you reach the Account panel.
- Enter your Account key copied from step 4. NOTE: The installer expects an account key that is 32 characters long.
- For the Organization Key, specify a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization.
- You can optionally specify Tags to group your agents within an organization.
- Continue through the following prompts to finish your manual installation.
- Once installed, make sure you grant Full Disk Access to Huntress.
- Open up System Preferences and click on “Security & Privacy”
- On the bottom left, click on “Click the lock to make changes.” Enter in your Mac password.
- Go into Privacy. On the left select “Full Disk Access”
- Look for Huntress on the right hand side and select the checkbox next it.
Running the Huntress macOS Script Installer
- Go to the top right hamburger menu of the Huntress Portal and click on “Download Agent”
- On the Download Agent page, scroll down to the macOS Script section and download the macOS install script.
- To run the install script manually, open Terminal and type or paste in the following:
sudo bash ~/Downloads/HuntressMacInstall.sh
- Then follow the prompts for your Account Key and for your Organization Key. Your Account key should be found on the Download Agent page. Your Organization key will be found if you go to Organizations in the top menu and select the key for the relevant organization.
Deployment through RMM/deployment software
Silent installation is suitable for deployments using an RMM or configuration management solution. For our partners using RMM/deployment software, we've provided the following deployment scripts also available here: