Reporting Incidents to Autotask PSA
Huntress can report incidents and remediation recommendations directly to your Autotask PSA ticket queue. This is a two process that involves:
Create an Autotask API User for Huntress
- Login to your Autotask Dashboard with an admin account.
- Click on the Autotask logo in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click on the Admin menu and then Resources (Users) on the pop-out menu.
- Click the "+ New" button in the top left.
- Fill out the following fields on the "General" Tab:
First Name: Huntress Labs
Last Name: API
Primary Internal Location: (select your primary location, "Headquarters" in this example.)
Email Address: (choose an e-mail address (it does not have to be valid), we recommend firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Credentials Section
Click the "Security" tab and fill out the following fields:
Password/Confirm Password: (choose a very long/random/secure password)
Security Level: API User (system) [NOTE: It's very important to choose API User to avoid being charged for this account!]
Check the box for "Resource is not required to submit Timesheets"
API Tracking Identifier Section
NOTE: This section will not appear until "API User (system)" is selected as the Security Level.
Select "Integration Vendor" Radio Button
Choose "Huntress Labs - Security"
Select "OK" for the "Selecting an Integration Vendor will associate that Vendor's API tracking identifier to this resource. Once assigned, this cannot be changed. Are you sure you want to select this Integration Vendor?" warning. This warning may appear differently depending on what browser/theme you are using.
- NOTE: Steps 8-12 are required by Autotask, but the choices you make have no bearing on the account or API integration. They are minimum required fields for an Autotask account to be created, but are ignored when the Security Level is set to API User (system). Autotask just won't allow an account to be created without items chosen in these steps.
- On the "HR" tab, scroll to the bottom section titled "Internal Cost (Burden Rate)", Click "New". Leave the rate at "0.00." Click "OK".
- On the "Approvers" tab under the "Timesheet Approvers" section click "New", select any resource, and click "OK"
- Again, on the "Approvers" tab under the "Expense Report Approvers" section, click "New", select any resources, and click "OK"
- On the "Associations" tab under the "Departments" section, click "New", select any department, select any role, and click "OK".
- Again, on the "Associations" tab under the "Service Desk Queues" section, click "New", select any queue, and click "OK".
- You should now be able to save this user in Autotask by clicking the "Save & Close" button at the top of the Resource Management window.
Setting up the Huntress Integration to Autotask PSA
- Login to your Huntress dashboard with your admin account.
- Click on the context menu in the upper-right corner and select integrations.
- Click the "Add" button in the upper right of the Integrations page. (You may or may not see the Email type in this example.)
- Choose the "Autotask" integration under Incident Reporting.
- Enter the username and password you created in Step 6 of the first section in the box that comes up and click Add.
- If the username and password are correct, you will be presented with the configuration screen. Choose appropriate values for your environment and click Add when complete. Example values are shown below.
- If all was successful, you should see an integration with type "Autotask" and a green check mark under the "Status" column for the newly created integration.
- If you've received any errors, double check the username and password used for the integration. If you've confirmed they're correct, but are still having issues, please reach out to our support team for assistance.