Reporting Incidents to Autotask PSA
New Feature: You can now manually map Huntress Organizations to Autotask companies. See the new steps in Section 2 step 6 below.
Huntress can report incidents and remediation recommendations directly to an Autotask queue of your choosing. This article guides you through the two-part process of creating the necessary API user for the integration and configuring Huntress to use this newly created API user.
NOTE: Huntress enters tickets under the "Standard" category. By default, Autotask specifies a default time offset for the Due Date/Time. If your deployment has been modified from the default setting to require a due date/time AND a default value for Due Date & Due Time has not been specified, the Huntress integration will not be compatible with your scenario. You will need to use e-mail parsing or add a default value for Due Date/Time to use this integration. To review this setting follow the instructions at the end of this article, or skip to them by clicking here.
Let's get started!
- Create an Autotask API User for Huntress
- Setting up the Huntress Integration to Autotask PSA
- Note about DueDate Setting
Create an Autotask API User for Huntress
- Login to your Autotask Dashboard with an admin account.
- Hover over the hamburger menu in the upper left corner of your screen
- Click on the Admin menu and then Resources (Users) on the pop-out menu.
- Hover over the dropdown next to the "+ New" button in the top left and click New API User.
- Fill out the following fields:
First Name: Huntress Labs
Last Name: API
Security Level: (sele2ct your primary location, "Headquarters" in this example.)
Email Address: (choose an e-mail address (it does not have to be valid), we recommend email@example.com)
Line of business: choice the associated services with Huntress
- Click Save & Close
Setting up the Huntress Integration to Autotask PSA
- Login to your Huntress dashboard with your admin account.
- Click on the context menu in the upper-right corner and select integrations.
- Click the "Add" button in the upper right of the Integrations page. (You may or may not see the Email type in this example.)
- Choose the "Autotask" integration under Incident Reporting.
- Enter the username (key) and password (secret) you created in Step 6 of the first section in the box that comes up and click Add.
- If the username and password are correct, you will be presented with the configuration screen. Choose appropriate values for your environment and click Add when complete. If there is not a direct match, you will be left with a dropdown stating "Select a company" for you to manually match the Huntress Organization to the Autotask Company. Click Save.
If you are looking to update your existing mappings, simply log into your Huntress Dashboard, click "Integrations" under the hamburger menu and click the "pencil" icon next to your existing integration to update it.
- If all was successful, you should see an integration with type "Autotask" and a green checkmark under the "Status" column for the newly created integration.
- If you've received any errors, double-check the username and password used for the integration. If you've confirmed they're correct, but are still having issues, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
If Huntress is unable to match to an organization we will place the incident under a Default Company you set here.
Information regarding the default Due Date setting
By default, Autotask specifies a default offset for Due Date and Due Time in the ticket categories. In an effort to remain as compatible as possible across all Autotask installs, Huntress relies on this default setting. If you're receiving an error when setting up the integration, or during incident submission, referencing "DueDate" or "DueDateTime" "is required.; on record number " or similar, your Autotask configuration may not be compatible with Huntress. You can correct this by specifying a default offset for the "DueDate" and "DueDateTime" fields in the "Standard" ticket category. In some deployments of Autotask, the DueDate/DueDateTime may not be required, this scenario is compatible with our integration.
CAUTION: This changes the setting for ALL new tickets created in the "Standard" category, not just Huntress ones. Be sure you consider the impact this may have across your entire organization before performing the remaining steps.
To make these changes, you must log in to Autotask as an admin and perform the following:
- Select the Autotask menu from the upper left, choose Admin, and then Features & Settings (if the "Admin" menu is not present, your account does not have sufficient permissions to perform this change. Contact your Autotask administrator):
- Expand the "Service Desk (Tickets)" section and choose the "Ticket Categories" sub-menu.
- Hover over the menu to the left of the "Standard" ticket category, and choose "Edit"
- Select the "Details" tab in the "Edit Ticket Category" screen that has appeared:
- Expand the "Sections & Fields" category, hover over the menu next to the "Due Date" field, and choose edit:
- After clicking edit, the "Due Date" field will become highlighted and the "OK"/"Cancel" buttons will appear. Click the "Edit" pencil next to the Due Date setting.
- In the menu that appears you must select a default value for BOTH the "Due Date" and "Due Time" for the Huntress integration to work correctly. In this example, we've configured the default Due Date and Time for ALL newly created tickets in the Standard category to be 4 hours after the creation of the ticket. Don't forget to click the "OK" button after choosing your default due date/time:
- You must then click the "OK" in the highlighted row of the Sections & Fields menu:
- Finally, click the 'Save & Close" button in the "Edit Ticket Category" menu.
- After performing these steps, your integration should now be working as expected. As always, you can reach out to our Support Team be e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.