Duo provides robust two-factor authentication for your VPN, email, web portal, cloud services, etc., all from an centrally-managed administration portal. Huntress supports Duo as a second factor using Push, SMS, voice calls, or pass codes.
Setup a Duo Integration (Account)
Before you can enable Duo authentication, you'll need to setup a Duo integration in your Huntress account.
- Create a new Auth API application in your Duo admin panel.
- Get the Integration key, Secret key, and API hostname.
- Create a Duo integration in Huntress.
- Enter the details for the integration and click Save.
Enable Duo Two-Factor (User)
Before you can setup Duo you'll need to Enable Two-Factor Authentication and generate backup codes. Once two-factor authentication is enabled and a Duo integration is setup, a Duo setup link will appear.
- Open your user preferences page.
- Click Setup to begin the setup process.
- Click Enable to complete the Duo setup.
If you decide you no longer want to use Duo as a second factor you can delete it from your user preferences page and you will no longer be prompted. You will however, be prompted for other two-factor methods if others are enabled.