Installing the Huntress Agent
The Huntress Agent installation process is easy. We're talking flip-phone-using-Grandma-can-install-it easy and it involves the following steps:
- Continuum RMM
- ConnectWise Automate (LabTech)
- Datto RMM (Autotask)
- Kaseya VSA
- Naverisk RMM (Coming Soon!)
- SolarWinds MSP N-Central (N-able)
- SolarWinds MSP RMM
- Syncro RMM
- PowerShell (for use with other automation tools and GPO)
- Huntress Net Installer (also for use with other automation tools and GPO, useful in cases where the automation tool cannot manage the PowerShell execution policy)
For other solutions or customized installation processes, we've provided several convenient methods to help you as well:
- Click through the Huntress Web Interface
- Fetch from a Huntress URL
NOTE: We've designed the installer to automatically detect your host's architecture (32 or 64-bit) and install the appropriate agent for you. One less thing for you to worry about ;)
Download the Agent Installer from the Web Interface
- Login to the Huntress Web Interface.
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select the "Download Agent" option from the menu.
- On the Installer page you can retrieve your Account Secret Key and the Huntress Agent installer.
NOTE: Fetching the installer from a URL is convenient for automated processes and scripts. (Replace <acct_key> with your actual Account Key and browse to the URL.)
Manual Installation from the GUI
- To manually install Huntress, simply double click on the HuntressInstaller.exe file and follow the GUI driven prompts.
- Enter your Account Key.
NOTE: The installer expects an account key that is 32 characters long. If you see "Please enter a valid Account Key" it is often because a copy/paste has introduced a space at the end or missed a character.
- For the Organization Key, specify a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization.
- You can optionally specify Tags to group your agents within an Organization.
- Click the "Install" button to finish your manual installation.
Silent Installation from a Script or Command Line
Silent installation is suitable for deployments using an RMM or configuration management solution where end users will not be interrupted with pop-ups. The installer supports the following flags:
- /ACCT_KEY - specify the Account Key (required)
- /ORG_KEY - specify the Organization Key (required)
- /S - perform a silent installation (required) MUST BE UPPERCASE
- /TAGS - specify any Tags (optional)
HuntressInstaller.exe /ACCT_KEY="acct_key" /ORG_KEY="Wibble Bank" /TAGS="Servers,Critical" /S