Installing the Huntress Agent
The Huntress Agent installation process is easy. We're talking flip-phone-using-Grandma-can-install-it easy. Find out if you have one of the Supported Operating Systems and then follow the simple steps:
- Continuum RMM 2.1+
- ConnectWise Automate (LabTech)
- Datto RMM (AEM, Autotask Endpoint Management) via ComStore
- Kaseya VSA
- Naverisk RMM
- SolarWinds MSP N-Central (N-able)
- SolarWinds MSP RMM
- Syncro RMM
- ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect)
- PowerShell (for use with other automation tools and GPO)
For other solutions or customized installation processes, we've provided several convenient methods to help you as well:
- Click through the Huntress Web Interface
- Fetch from a Huntress URL
NOTE: We've designed the installer to automatically detect your host's architecture (32 or 64-bit) and install the appropriate agent for you. One less thing for you to worry about ;)
Download the Agent Installer from the Web Interface
- Login to the Huntress Web Interface.
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard and select the "Download Agent" option from the menu
- On the Installer page, you can retrieve your Account Secret Key and the Huntress Agent installer.
NOTE: Fetching the installer from a URL is convenient for automated processes and scripts. (Replace <acct_key> with your actual Account Key and browse to the URL.)
Manual Installation from the GUI
- To manually install Huntress, simply double click on the HuntressInstaller.exe file and follow the GUI driven prompts.
- Enter your Account Key.
NOTE: The installer expects an account key that is 32 characters long. If you see "Please enter a valid Account Key" it is often because a copy/paste has introduced a space at the end or missed a character.
- For the Organization Key, specify a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization.
- You can optionally specify Tags to group your agents within an Organization.
- Click the "Install" button to finish your manual installation.
Silent Installation from a Script or Command Line
Silent installation is suitable for deployments using an RMM or configuration management solution where end-users will not be interrupted with pop-ups. The installer supports the following flags:
- /ACCT_KEY - specify the Account Key (required)
- /ORG_KEY - specify the Organization Key (required)
- /S - perform a silent installation (required) MUST BE UPPERCASE
- /TAGS - specify any Tags (optional)
HuntressInstaller.exe /ACCT_KEY="acct_key" /ORG_KEY="Wibble Bank" /TAGS="Servers,Critical" /S
For directions on single-line command to install the Huntress Agent (without downloading the file), please see the guide here: Single Command Installation
Deploy via GPO/PowerShell Script
Huntress Labs has a GitLab repository with useful scripts. Below is a direct link to instructions on deploying the PowerShell scripts via GPO.
Supported Operating Systems
The Huntress Agent is currently available for Windows operating systems on most platforms.
Our Agent currently supports 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x86_64) versions of Windows starting with Windows Vista / Server 2008.
- Windows Vista / Server 2008
- Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8 / Server 2012
- Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 / Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
The Huntress Agent works with all Windows Server Roles including, MS SQL Server, RDS (including RDS with CALs), Exchange, etc.
The Huntress Agent is not currently supported on any ARM-based Windows devices, including the Surface Pro X. Even though the Agent may successfully install, the surveys for the machines will not be processed correctly.
macOS is not currently supported.
Although macOS compatibility is on our development roadmap, less than 2% of our partner's endpoints are Macs. As a result, the demand for better integrations, expanding detection telemetry, and showing value through reporting has taken priority.
Huntress for macOS is coming soon. Please fill out this form to be added to the waitlist.