Installing the Huntress Agent
The Huntress Agent installation process is easy. We're talking flip-phone-using-Grandma-can-install-it easy and it involves the following steps:
- Continuum RMM 2.1+
- ConnectWise Automate (LabTech)
- Datto RMM (AEM, Autotask Endpoint Management) via ComStore
- Kaseya VSA
- Naverisk RMM
- SolarWinds MSP N-Central (N-able)
- SolarWinds MSP RMM
- Syncro RMM
- ConnectWise Control (ScreenConnect)
- LogMeIn Central (One2Many)
- PowerShell (for use with other automation tools and GPO)
For other solutions or customized installation processes, we've provided several convenient methods to help you as well:
- Click through the Huntress Web Interface
- Fetch from a Huntress URL
NOTE: We've designed the installer to automatically detect your host's architecture (32 or 64-bit) and install the appropriate agent for you. One less thing for you to worry about ;)
Download the Agent Installer from the Web Interface
- Login to the Huntress Web Interface.
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select the "Download Agent" option from the menu.
- On the Installer page you can retrieve your Account Secret Key and the Huntress Agent installer.
NOTE: Fetching the installer from a URL is convenient for automated processes and scripts. (Replace <acct_key> with your actual Account Key and browse to the URL.)
Manual Installation from the GUI
- To manually install Huntress, simply double click on the HuntressInstaller.exe file and follow the GUI driven prompts.
- Enter your Account Key.
NOTE: The installer expects an account key that is 32 characters long. If you see "Please enter a valid Account Key" it is often because a copy/paste has introduced a space at the end or missed a character.
- For the Organization Key, specify a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization.
- You can optionally specify Tags to group your agents within an Organization.
- Click the "Install" button to finish your manual installation.
Silent Installation from a Script or Command Line
Silent installation is suitable for deployments using an RMM or configuration management solution where end-users will not be interrupted with pop-ups. The installer supports the following flags:
- /ACCT_KEY - specify the Account Key (required)
- /ORG_KEY - specify the Organization Key (required)
- /S - perform a silent installation (required) MUST BE UPPERCASE
- /TAGS - specify any Tags (optional)
HuntressInstaller.exe /ACCT_KEY="acct_key" /ORG_KEY="Wibble Bank" /TAGS="Servers,Critical" /S
For directions on single-line command to install the Huntress Agent (without downloading the file), please see the guide here: Single Command Installation
Deploy via GPO/PowerShell Script
Huntress Labs has a GitLab repository with useful scripts. Below is a direct link to instructions on deploying the PowerShell scripts via GPO.