Updating Huntress Agents
Huntress agents are silently updated by our team (who wants to push more patches?). This is done through the HuntressUpdater service (HuntressUpdater.exe) which runs in the background. Throughout the day, the updater securely checks with https://update.huntress.io for updates. When a new package is found, it is downloaded, checked for any tampering, and installed without any reboots or user interruptions.
If you would like to find out more about the HuntressUpdater.exe and wyUpdate.exe please check out: Agent Updater
It's important to highlight several reasons why an agent hasn't auto-updated:
- It’s a laptop/workstation hiding in a storage closet without internet. In most cases, you just need to power it on/connect it to the Internet and you'll be upgraded.
- The host’s hard drive was wiped/replaced but the agent wasn’t uninstalled. There's no need to upgrade this. Simply jump into your dashboard and clean up those unresponsive agents.
- It’s always possible antivirus quarantined the HuntressUpdater.exe. If you think you fall into this bucket, hit us up at email@example.com so we can help you out!
NOTE: We update agents in a phased rollout. You may have agents with differing versions. Because of the number of agents we manage, it can take a while to ensure all agents have updated. We support multiple agent versions for a period of time. Having multiple agent versions at once will not affect Huntress detection capabilities and the primary mechanism/functions of the supported agent versions remain the same. Having multiple agent versions will not affect Huntress detection capabilities. We will mark agents as "outdated" when the versions are no longer supported. If you have outdated agents, it generally means the agent is failing to update for some reason (contact Support Support).
Finding Outdated Agents
Curious if you have outdated hosts? Within the Huntress Web Interface, we've added a feature to your Huntress dashboard to make this quick and easy.
- Login to the Huntress Web Interface.
- From an Account or Organization Dashboard, select the Outdated Agent counter.
- Voila! All of your outdated agents are here in one place :)