Deploying Huntress with NinjaRMM
NinjaRMM provides the ability to create Scheduled Actions to deploy third party software. This document provides the instructions to add a Scheduled Action to your Policies to deploy the Huntress Agent to your customer's computers. You will need to create a Policy/Scheduled Action that is unique to each of your customers.
NOTE: Rather than creating a Scheduled Action for each customer, some of our partners prefer to create an action that deploys to a "staging" organization. They will then move the agents to the correct organization from within Huntress console. Details for moving agents can be found here.
This guide is meant to provide a basic overview of deploying the Huntress Agent using NinjaRMM. We are not able to offer comprehensive support for NinjaRMM, please refer to the NinjaRMM documentation for full details regarding usage of NinjaRMM policies and scheduled actions.
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. The Huntress Agent installer runs on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots. The following is an overview of installing the Huntress Agent using NinjaRMM.
- Download the Huntress Agent Installer and Retrieve Your Account Key
- Add a Scheduled Action to Your Policy
Download the Huntress Agent Installer and Retrieve Your Account Key
- Login to the Huntress Web Interface.
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select the "Download Agent" option from the menu.
- On the Installer page download the Huntress Agent installer and save a copy of your account key. You will need these in the next section.
Add a Scheduled Action to Your Policy
- Log in to NinjaRMM.
- Navigate to the policy you want to use to install the Huntress Agent. In the Policy Editor, click "Scheduled Actions" and click the "Add a scheduled action" link.
- In the new Action window, select "Install Application" from the Action dropdown, check the Upload File button, and then browse to the HuntressInstaller.exe you just downloaded.
- After the installer file is uploaded, add the file name and parameters specifying your Account Key and an Organization Key (a short name or phrase that uniquely identifies the client/organization this agent is associated with. Any agent installed with this same key will be grouped within the same Organization). The parameters should look like the following:
/ACCT_KEY=<your account key> /ORG_KEY="<client name>" /S
Save the Action and Policy. You are ready to deploy.