Deploying Huntress with Datto RMM (Autotask)
NOTE: This guide is meant to provide a basic overview of deploying the Huntress Agent using Datto RMM—formerly Autotask Endpoint Management (AEM). While we are not able to offer comprehensive support for Datto RMM, there is documentation available related to scripting.
When this script is run it will prompt for an Organization Key. This is a unique key to identify each of your clients (typically Datto RMM sites) within the Huntress console. Using this method requires scheduling the script individually per site. If you know of a way to streamline this process please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make deployment as simple as possible.
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment script for Datto RMM that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots. This is a three step process that involves:
- Downloading and Importing the Huntress Agent Deployment Component (Datto RMM component script)
- Customizing the Huntress Agent Deployment Script
Download and Import the Huntress Deployment Script
- Download the Huntress Agent Deployment Component from our GitHub repository.
- In the Datto RMM dashboard, click on Components tab and then select the Import Component button.
- Next, select the Huntress Deployment Component file you just downloaded and click Upload button.
Customize the Huntress Agent Install Script
- After uploading the component you will see its details. Scroll down to the "Script" section and click the "Expand" button. We need to edit a variable inside the script.
- In the Script frame, scroll down to the line that has $AccountSecretKey = "__KEY__". Replace the __KEY__ with your account key.
- After adding your account key to the script, click the Save button at the bottom of the component window.
Schedule the Script to Run
Because you will likely want each Datto RMM site to appear as a separate organization within Huntress you will need to schedule each site individually.
- On the Sites tab, select the site you want to deploy to and then click the schedule job button (looks like a cog wheel).
- In the new "Scheduled A Job" view, name the job and click on the "Add a Component" link:
- In the Component option window check "Huntress Agent Deployment" and click the "Save" button:
- Now back at the "Schedule A Job" view, you'll see the "Huntress Agent Deployment" component and a field to enter an ORG_KEY. Add an ORG_KEY for this deployment. This is a unique identifier used to associated agents with an organization (client):
- Set any other options for the job you may want and click the "Save" button:
- When prompted to "run this job now" click "OK":
Verifying the Job Completed Successfully
You can check for deployment errors by viewing the job status.
- Navigate to the Scheduled Jobs tab > Competed Jobs tab > click on the job:
- On job view click the "stdout" and "stderr" buttons to view the log from any agent that may have failed to aid in troubleshooting.