Deploying Huntress with Kaseya VSA
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment procedure for Kaseya VSA that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots.
The procedure will automatically use Kaseya's GroupName (vAgentConfiguration.groupName) to organize the agents within Huntress' multi-tenant Web Interface (the groupName will be used for the Huntress organization name).
The configuration requires two simple steps:
- Download and Import the Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure
- Create a Variable to Store Your Huntress Account Key
Download and Import the Huntress Deployment Procedure
- Download the Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure from our GitHub repository and save it as an XML file.
- To import the Procedure into Kaseya, navigate to Agent Procedures > Manage Procedures > Schedule / Create. Select the folder you want to import the procedure to and then click the "Import Folder/Procedure" button.
- In the "Import Procedure/Folder" window, browse to the XML Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure you just saved and then click the "Save" button.
- You should now see the Huntress Agent Deployment procedure.
Create a Variable to Store Your Huntress Account Key
- Obtain your Huntress Account Key. You'll need to create a new variable to store your Huntress Account Key within Kaseya VSA.
- Click the "Manage Variables" button.
- In the new window, create a new variable named HUNTRESS_ACCT_KEY and set the variable value to your Huntress Account Key. Be sure to select the Org/Machine Group the variable applies to and then click the "Apply" button.
You're Ready to Deploy!
Congratulations, your Huntress Agent Deployment Procedure is ready to use. Schedule it to run and watch your agents show up within the Huntress Dashboard!
Note: Depending on VSA configuration, you may need to approve the script before running it.