Deploying Huntress with ConnectWise Automate
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment script for LabTech RMM that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots. The script will also automatically use the client's name (the "clientname" variable in Automate) to organize the agents within Huntress' multi-tenant Web Interface. This is a three step process that involves:
- Downloading and Importing the Huntress Agent Install script
- Customizing the Huntress Agent Install Script
Download and Import the Huntress Agent Install script
- Download the Huntress Agent install script from our GitHub repository. The file is XML so the browser displays the contents. From the "Save as" dialog, save the file as "Huntress Agent Install script - Download.xml" for use with Automate.
- Open the LabTech Control Center and import the script. From the Tools menu > Import > LT XML Expansion In Automate 12 the process is the same, but the interface looks different.
- From the Navigation tree within LabTech Control Center, expand the "Custom Scripts" folder.
- Double click on the "Huntress Agent Install" script to edit the options.
- Select the "Globals and Parameters" tab and update the acct_key global variable by replacing "ChangeMe" with your Huntress Account Key. Be sure to click the "Save" button after you have updated the acct_key.
- (Optional) This deployment script will automatically use the Automate ClientName to group your agents into Huntress Organizations and tag the agent using the Automate LocationName (as seen below). If you'd like to use a different value for the tag you'll need to edit line 5 of the LabTech script.
- Save the script with your changes.
In the File Browser window, browse to the XML file you just downloaded and click the "Open" button.
Customize the Huntress Agent Install Script
NOTE: We have heard from some of our partners that Automate 12 does not refresh the script repository view immediately after importing a script. If the Huntress Agent Install script is not listed, closing and then reopening the Control Center will likely resolve the issue.
%tempdir%\HuntressInstaller.exe /ACCT_KEY=@acct_key@ /ORG_KEY="%clientname%" /TAGS="%locationname%" /S
You are ready to deploy
Congratulations, your LabTech Deployment Script is ready. Schedule it to run and watch your agents show up within the Huntress Dashboard!