Deploying Huntress with Continuum RMM
Installing any product should be a breeze and that's especially true with Huntress. We've created a deployment script for Continuum RMM that will install the Huntress agent on 32 and 64-bit Windows systems (Vista/Server 2008 and above) without any user interruptions or reboots needed. The script will also automatically gather your client's Continuum Site ID and automatically organize the agents within Huntress' multi-tenant dashboard. This is a three step process that involves:
- Downloading and Customizing the Huntress PowerShell Template
- Creating the Huntress Deployment Script in Continuum RMM
- Creating a Huntress Deployment Job in Continuum RMM
Download & Customize the Huntress PowerShell Template
- Download the Huntress PowerShell Template from our GitHub repository.
- Immediately after the copyright notice, update the $AccountSecretKey variable to use your Huntress Account Secret Key rather than the __KEY__ placeholder. (The quotes around the key are required.) Be sure to used a plain text editor like Notepad or Notepad++.
- Save the contents of this file. This PowerShell code will be used to populate your Huntress Deployment Script within the Continuum RMM.
Create the Huntress Deployment Script in Continuum RMM
- Login to the Continuum web application and select the "Scripts" tab.
- Hover over the "Add" button see the menu options.
- Select the "Add custom" option from the "Add" menu.
- Within the "Create A Custom Script" pop-up window, select the "PowerShell Script" radio button.
- Select the "Create A Script From This Template" button.
- Within the "Add Script Using Template" pop-up window, you'll need to fill out several fields.
- Populate the "Script Name" field with "Huntress Deployment Script".
- Populate the "Description" field with "Downloads the latest Huntress installer for Windows, gathers the Continuum Site ID the Huntress Agent should be affiliated with, installs the Huntress Agent, and validates installation."
- Ensure the "Script" radio button is selected.
- Paste the contents of your modified Huntress PowerShell Template for Continuum Deployment into the "Script Data" field.
- Leave the "Command Line Parameter" field blank and the "Timeout" field at "1 Minute".
- Ensure the "Script Requires Logon Users" checkbox is NOT checked and click the "Save" button.
Create a Huntress Deployment Job in Continuum RMM
- Login to the Continuum web application (if you're not already) and select the "Scripts" tab.
- Select "Jobs and Instances" from the menu on the left side of the web application.
- Select the "Add Job" button.
- Within the "Create Job" popup window, you'll need to fill out several fields.
- Populate the "Job Name" field with "Huntress Deployment Job".
- Select the "Script - Select a script" drop down.
- Within the "Filter" field, type "Huntress" and select the "Huntress Deployment Script" option.
- Configure the Huntress Deployment Job to run against your desired sites and resources (the agent is compatible with desktop and servers).
- Within the "Schedule" field, click the "Select" button to configure the job's schedule or trigger.
- Within the "Schedule" pop-up window, select the appropriate configuration for your deployment and click the "Submit" button. The Continuum documentation recommends using the "Run once at next agent checkin" option.
- If needed, configure email or text-based notifications.
- Select the "Create Job" button.
- Congratulations, you've successfully created your Huntress Deployment Script and Job. Give it a run and watch your agents show up within the Huntress Dashboard!