Reporting Incidents to ConnectWise Manage
Huntress can report incidents and step-by-step remediation instructions directly to your cloud-based and on perimeter ConnectWise Service Boards. The ticket will be created under the service board you specify when configuring the integration. The ticket will be reported under the client's company name--Huntress uses the Organization Name to identify the Company Name within ConnectWise.
The configuration process involves:
- Creating an API Member account in ConnectWise (does not count against your user licenses)
- Generating public and private keys for the API Member account
- Configuring the Huntress integration with the generated public and private keys
Creating an API Member account in ConnectWise
- Login to ConnectWise Manage using the desktop application. This process requires creating a new member, which can only be done through the desktop application, not the web browser.
- In the lower left corner of the ConnectWise interface, select the "System" section to expand its options.
- Select the "Members" sub-option.
- You'll now need to create a new API Member account. To do so, select the "API Members" tab at the top of the newly opened Members pane.
- Select the plus (+) sign on the left side of the Members pane to add a new API Member account.
- In the New Member form, you'll need to fill out all required fields which are denoted with asterisks (*). If you catch yourself thinking "some of these fields don't quite make sense for an API account", know that we agree with you ;)
- Populate the Member ID field with "Huntress". Populate the Password and Confirm fields with a sufficiently complex password (with emphasis on length).
- Populate the First Name field with "Huntress". Populate the Last Name field with "API". Add the Huntress avatar by clicking the "Browse..." button, specifying "https://huntress.io/avatar.png" in the File name field, and clicking the "Open" button. Populate the Default Office Email field with "firstname.lastname@example.org". Populate the Default Office Phone field with "833-486-8669".
- Within the Role ID drop down menu, select "Admin" (we're not happy about this either, seriously). Select the Level "Corporate (Level 1)" and Name "'Corporate". Select the Location and Business Unit that makes the most sense to you (it doesn't matter for our integration, but is required by Manage).
- Select the Time Approver, Work Role, and Expense Approver that makes the most sense to you (these also don't matter for our integration, but is required by Manage).
- Skip down to the CRM section and select the Default Territory which makes the most sense (you know the drill here ;).
- Congrats, you've populated all the needed fields! Create your API Member by clicking the floppy disk icon at the top of the Members pane.
- Do not return to the main Member pane. Proceed to the next section to continue.
Generating public and private keys for the API Member account
- You'll now need to generate public and private keys for your newly created API Member. Start by selecting the "API Keys" tab at the top of the Huntress API pane.
- Select the plus (+) sign on the left side of the Huntress API pane to add a new API Key.
- Populate the Description field with "Huntress API Key".
- Create your Public and Private Keys by clicking the save icon.
- Congrats! You've successfully generated the API keys Huntress needs to create tickets. You'll need these in the next steps so don't navigate away frompage.
Setting up the Huntress Integration to ConnectWise
- Login to the Huntress Dashboard.
- Hover over the Huntress options menu in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select the "Integrations" option from the menu.
- Select the "Add" button to create a new integration.
- Select the "ConnectWise" banner.
- Select the applicable location for your ConnectWise instance. Populate the "Company ID" field with your ConnectWise Company ID. Populate the "Public Key" and "Private Key" fields with the previously generated Member API Keys. Specify the name of the service board to report to in the the "Default Service Board" with the name of the service board.
- Select the "Add" button to save your integration.
- After adding your ConnectWise integration, Huntress will attempt to make a connection to the specified ConnectWise Host.
- Within a couple seconds, the "Status" field should either change to a green ✔ or a red ✖.
- If your connection was successful, congratulations! Huntress can now directly report incidents and remediation recommendations to your specified ConnectWise Service Board. If your connection failed, select the pencil icon to edit your integration's settings. If you have any trouble getting this setup, don't hesitate to drop us an email.