Reporting Incidents to Kaseya BMS
Huntress can report incidents and remediation recommendations directly to your Kaseya BMS ticket queue. This is a three-step process that involves:
- Create an API access security role (only required if you haven't already)
- Create a Kaseya BMS API Access User for Huntress
- Configure the Kaseya BMS integration within the Huntress portal.
Create an API access security role
- Skip to "Create a Kaseya BMS API User" if you've already set up an appropriate security role for a previous integration.
Login to your Kaseya BMS with an admin account, select the Admin tab at the top, then Security, and then Roles menu.
- Click the "New (N)" Button, fill out the appropriate details, and click "Save (S)":
- Under the "Admin" section, check off "Has API Access", and click the "Save (S)" button at the top.
Create a Kaseya BMS API User
- Login to your Kaseya BMS within an admin account. Click the HR and then Employees menu on the left:
- Click the "New (N)" Button. Fill out the appropriate details. Click the "Save (S)" button.
INFO: The password for this account will be e-mailed to the Email Address you specify below.
Note: The only fields of importance are "User Name", "Email Address" and "Security Roles". Ensure the security role you created in the previous section is selected for this user. The email will need to be a valid address in order to receive the password. We recommend using an existing alias or creating an alias of huntress@<yourdomain>.com that goes to your incoming support box. Once you have the password set, the email is not needed--other than to reset the password again.
Configure the Kaseya BMS integration in the Huntress portal
- Login to the Huntress portal with an "Admin" level account.
- In the upper right hand corner, select the triple line context menu, and select IntegrationsSelect the "+Add" button in the upper right corner of the integrations menu.
- Select the "Add" button to create a new integration.
- Choose the "BMS by Kaseya" integration
- Choose your BMS region server and then enter the username and password of the API user created earlier. Finally type in the "company name" as required by Kaseya BMS and click Add.